Your privacy is important to us. That’s why we’re committed to protecting and respecting your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
Jill and Nick Cannon Jones trading as More than Mountains, 48 Devonshire Road, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 9AJ.
Here at More than Mountains, maintaining the security of our clients’ data is our utmost priority and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We promise to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We also promote complete transparency about the data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you phone, use a mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Types of data we collect
Some pages on this site use “cookies,” which are small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. These files may be used for site registration and customisation the next time you visit us, and to make navigating the website more user-friendly.
A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer but not you. You should note that cookies cannot read data off your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not. By not accepting cookies, some pages may not fully function and you may find it harder to access certain information on this site.
We use Google Analytics to gather standard internet log information and details of visitor patterns on our site. We do this with the end goal of improving your experience on our site, but also to help us track our performance.
The information collected does not identify users so all users remain anonymous.
When you contact us about our services we will request personal details such as your name, telephone number and email address.
The personal information we collect is as follows:
- Your name: so we know who we are talking to and who we should be looking for on the day of your booking.
- Your email address : this will be used by us to send details of your booking and to answer any questions you might have.
- Your telephone number: this is helpful if we need to notify you of any last minute changes to your booking or to contact you if you do not turn up at the specified time.
- Date of Birth: We ask for your date of birth for three reasons: 1) It is a legal requirement that all under 18s are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. 2) It helps us understand who our courses appeal to and how we can improve them in the future. 3) It helps us recognise you at the meeting place.
- Medical details: We collect this information so that we are aware of anything we should keep a careful eye out for during your course and also so that we can share the information with paramedics or doctors if the need should arise. We prefer to ask you in advance rather than potentially have to discuss it in front of the group. If you would rather talk to us on the day just let us know. We would like everyone to be able to access our courses and do not use this information to refuse entry.
By providing us with the above information we are able to ensure that we are sending you the correct communication to either assist with your enquiry or process your booking.
We do not use mailing lists to send you information about our business or regular newsletters. Any personal information you provide is used solely to assist with your enquiry or booking and to check that you were happy with our service.
Sharing your information
We do NOT share, sell or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that More than Mountains hold on you.
Email your request at any time to Jill Cannon Jones at email@example.com
Links from us to other websites
In order to provide you with further information or additional reference points, our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
Please be aware, that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your information that you provide whilst visiting other websites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We care about your safety online and the security of the information you share. We routinely review our Privacy Notice to ensure it complies with the most recent regulations.